Jane Elizabeth Windsor
Attorney Jane Windsor brings unique insight to education law. As a Hillsborough County classroom teacher, she administered and coordinated IEPs (Individual Education Plans) as well as participated in U.S. Department of Education Section 504 Plans as defined under federal law and Florida law. She also learned about the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) to best advocate for her students.
Attorney Windsor understands these issues as well on a personal level as the mother of a child with ADD/ADHD.
Today, as an attorney, Jane Windsor uses her knowledge as well as these experiences to partner with parents. After adequate and proper testing and diagnoses, she will ensure that her clients' children receive all their legally allowable accommodations in school. To learn more about Jane's background, please click on the link below.
Attorney Windsor is an active member of COPAA (Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates) to stay abreast of state and federal laws governing special education rights. Her passion is determining and enforcing accommodation rights and remedies for students with special learning needs and learning disabilities. She is also a member of the FL Bar Family Law Division, Real Property Probate and Trust Law Division, and Young Lawyer’s Division.
Ms. Windsor is a Florida native, a graduate of Sarasota High School, and of Florida State University. Later after raising her daughter and success as a classroom teacher Ms. Windsor attended law school in Michigan where she obtained her Juris Doctor Degree from Thomas M. Cooley Law School. She was on the Dean’s List and earned three Certificate of Merits in Constitutional Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Florida Comparative Procedure.
Serve the legal needs of West Coast Florida Community.Provide a full range of legal services tailored to serving and protecting the rights of the under-represented children, students,and elderly.
- Education Law
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: Dean's List and Certificate of Merit Recipient 
- Honors: Certificate of Merits in Constitutional Law II, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Florida Comparative Procedure
- Honors: SBA Faculty Committee Member, Teaching, Learning, and Assessing Committee
- Honors: St. Thomas More Society
- Honors: Focused study in Family Law, Child Abuse and Neglect, Elder Law and Family Violence Practice
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- B.S. - 1979
- Major: Fashion Design
- Florida, 2010
- Senior Home Companions, Caregiver - Marketing, 2010 to 2013
- Associates and B.L. Scheiner, Sr. Trial Support Coordinator, 2010 to 2011
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School - Sixty Plus Elder Law Clinic, Student Intern, 2009 to 2009
- Hillsborough County Thirteenth Judicial Court , Guardian ad Litem, 2000 to 2003
- YMCA , Aerobics Instructor, 2006 to 2010
- Optiminds, Inc., Instructional Tutor, 2009 to 2010
- Sessums & Collins Elementary Schools , Second Grade Teacher , 2003 to 2005
- Bayshore Christian School , Lead Third Grade Teacher, 2000 to 2003
- 12th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Award for 100 Plus Hours of Donated Time
- Legal Aid of Manasota, 2011 to Present
- Rotary International Member ? Southside Sarasota Chapter
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers (FAWL) ? Sarasota Chapter
- Business Networking International (BNI) ? Lakewood Ranch Chapter
- Successful Women Aligning Together (SWAT) Manasota Chapter
- Former Guardian ad Litem - Hillsborough County Thirteenth Judicial Court
- Professional Educator's Five Year Certificate, Elementary Education K-6, Art K-12 , 2004 - 2009
- Art History Curriculum for Art Teacher Certification, 2001
- Graduate level Elementary Education Certification, ABECA Curriculum Private School, 2000
- Rotary International - Southside Sarasota Chapter, 2011 to Present
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers [FAWL], 2013 to Present
- Business Networking Intl. [BNI], 2013 to Present