We just published an extensive guide on Designing the Perfect Home Playroom for Children with Autism which has super-helpful information and tips on how to design an ideal play space in your home for children with autism.
You can see it here: https://productdiggers.com/autism-playroom/
When you figure out how you learn, you can accomplish whatever you want.
– Tim Tebow
According to the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD), 19% of children with learning disabilities drop out of high school. We at Windsor Law LLC believe that the number is too high. So, we strive to empower parents and students with every available tool to reduce that number. This is a directory of resources for parents and students. As we find new resources, we post them here. We welcome suggestions of other resources we can share with clients and other parents. If you come across something we need to share, please let us know.
- “Special Education Success!” – Jane Windsor, Esq. and Robert Dodig, Esq – Board Certified Education Law
- Helping Kids Deal with Trauma
- Guide to Special Needs Trusts
- Assistive Technology And Universal Design For Learning: Two Sides Of The Same Coin
Auditory Processing Disorders
- AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER (ASD)
- EVALUATION OF A NEW COMPUTER INTERVENTION TO TEACH PEOPLE WITH AUTISM OR ASPERGER SYNDROME TO RECOGNIZE AND PREDICT EMOTIONS IN OTHERS
- AUTISM OCCURS MORE OFTEN IN FAMILIES OF PHYSICISTS, ENGINEERS AND MATHEMATICIANS.
- READING PROGRAM IMPROVES BRAIN CONNECTIVITY IN STUDENTS WITH AUTISM.
https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/reading-program-improves-brain-connectivity-students-autism?utm_source=/science/science-news/reading-program-improves-brain-connectivity-students-autism&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=Reading program improves brain connectivity in students with autism&utm_campaign=relateditems2
- 10 YEARS OF PROGRESS: WHAT WE’VE LEARNED ABOUT AUTISM
- DIET AND NUTRITION STRATEGIES
- CREATING THE OPTIMAL LIVING ENVIRONMENT FOR A CHILD WITH ADHD
- HELPING YOUR TEEN NAVIGATE ADHD ON HIS OWN TERMS
- HOW DOGS CAN HELP PEOPLE WITH ADD & ADHD
- 10 COMMON CHALLENGES AND BEST PRACTICES FOR TEACHING STUDENTS WITH ADHD
- ADHD AND ADDICTION – WHAT IS THE RISK?
- STUDYING WITH ADHD
- SUPPORT, ADVOCACY AND ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY TO FACILITATE THE TRANSITION TO HIGHER EDUCATION
Brain Research Success Stories Articles
- BRSS – BIPOLAR DISORDER
- BRSS – DOWN SYNDROME
- BRSS – MEMORY IMPAIRMENT
- BRSS – MIGRAINE
- BRSS – PTSD
- BrainTrain Software
- BRAIN INJURY: SHATTERING THE 24-MONTH RECOVERY MYTH
- THE SKILLFUL BRAIN COACH: FIVE KEYS TO SUCCESSFUL BRAIN TRAINING
- SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS WITH DOWN SYNDROME
- FORBES ARTICLE – OVERCOMING DYSLEXIA
- SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS WITH DYSLEXIA https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/college-resource-center/dyslexia-dysgraphia/
- SCIENTISTS FIND BRAIN FUNCTION MOST IMPORTANT TO MATHS ABILITY
Idea – Parent Guide
Getting The Best IEP For Your Child
Visual Processing Disorders
Explaining Special Needs To Your Child: 15 Great Children’s Books
HEALTHY EATING ADVICE FOR WHEELCHAIR-BOUND PEOPLE
GLOSSARY OF SPECIAL EDUCATION TERMS